The Millvale Ecodistrict represents the work and effort carried out by the Millvale Ecodistrict Collaborative, the Millvale Community, and evolveEA.
The Millvale Ecodistrict Collaborative consists of representatives from the Millvale Community Library, the Borough of Millvale, the Millvale Community Development Corporation (MCDC), and New Sun Rising. This coordinated team of people and organizations is committed to support and fulfill the Millvale Ecodistrict Plan.
In a Declaration of Collaboration, the Millvale Ecodistrict Collaborative made the following commitments necessary to make the Millvale Ecodistrict Plan a success:
- Commitment to Quarterly meeting participation with Convener providing monthly electronic updates;
- Commitment of Partner resources (as defined by partner) to implement the Millvale Ecodistrict Plan;
- Commitment to communicate across the Ecodistrict all Partner related efforts committed to advancing sustainability and the Millvale Ecodistrict Plan;
- Commitment to coordinate implementation and funding endeavors within the Ecodistrict related to the Ecodistrict Plan. Specifically all partners will work together to support and promote the partner best suited to lead specific programming and funding endeavors in the spirit of collaborative program development;
- Commitment to actively collect and share data pertaining to advancement of the Millvale Ecodistrict Plan;
- Commitment to develop an equitable, resilient, and climate-protective neighborhood;
- Commitment to action by Partners to continue to develop sustainability goals and strategies while integrating the recognized goals from the Millvale Ecodistrict Plan;
- Commitment to further develop the Partners relationships by working together to develop formal and organizational commitments related to developing current and future opportunities in alignment with the Millvale Ecodistrict Plan.
The Millvale Community consists of highly engaged residents, business owners, and local advocates who provided insight into the development of the Ecodistrict Pivot Plan in 2012, and Pivot 2.0 in late 2015 and early 2016. During that time the contributions of the community’s Millvale Ecodistrict Leadership Team (MELT) led to a plan that went onto win multiple state and national awards through 2017. The Millvale Ecodistrict believes that the best way for people to make sure that as a community changes in the image envisioned by community members, is to be in the drivers seat.
Triboro Ecodistrict promotes coordinated sustainable community development throughout Millvale, Etna, and Sharpsburg who have a strong collaborative history as riverfront towns. The Triboro focuses on food, water, energy, mobility, air, and equity as well.
Thank you to our supporters – The Millvale Ecodistrict would not be able to accomplish its goals and projects without the generous support they receive from both organizations and individuals.